Ultimate Antioxidant Blast
Collard greens and kale consistently top the charts when it comes to powerful antioxidants and many other nutrients
Preparation time: 20 to 35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings as a full meal; 4-6 servings as a side salad
Raw ingredients for the salad
- Â½ cup chopped or torn red boar kale, in small pieces
- Â¼ cup snipped parsley
- Â½ cup ripped romaine lettuce, in small pieces
- Â¼ cup cut broccoli florets, in small pieces
- 4-6 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Â¼ cup cored, seeded, and sliced red, orange or yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons black-eyed pea sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons French lentil sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
- Â½ teaspoon spirulina powder or 1 teaspoon Spirulina Crunchies
- Â½ teaspoon blue-green algae
- 6 to 12 King Chlorella tablets
- 1 Tablespoon snipped or chopped dulse
- 4 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, snipped into small pieces
For the dressing (do not premix; add each ingredient in order)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: Â½-1 teaspoon hempseed and/or flaxseed oils
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar, to taste
- Optional: squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Dash of sea salt
- Assemble the salad ingredients in the serving bowl.
- Sprinkle chia and hemp seeds evenly.
- Sprinkle or scatter the spirulina or Spirulina Crunchies and blue-green algae.
- Scatter the King Chlorella tablets.
- Toss to distribute.
- Add the oils and toss well until all surfaces are coated.
- Sprinkle salt.
- â€œSpritzâ€ the vinegar and toss again.
- Add squeeze of fresh juice if desired.
- Taste and repeat steps 6, 7 and/or 8 as needed to balance flavors.